In the past two weeks in the UK it’s definitely felt a lot colder. This is the sign of winter edging it’s way nearer to us, which means soon the evenings will start to get darker and all of a sudden you’ll be craving things like soup and hot chocolate.
When we start to move into Autumn/Winter there are a few things that I do to change my skincare and beauty routine around, which I like to call the Winter Beauty Routine Edit.
I’ve included TEN things you can do to shift your beauty routine into 5th gear and keep your skin and make up looking and feeling great even when it’s cold and dark and gloomy!
- Layer your moisturisers – using more than one moisturiser or moisturising method can boost your skincare massively. I am currently liking layering a Vitamin E moisturising face mist with the Clinique Moisture Surge!
- Carry around at least 4 lip balms – lip balms are your friend as it moves towards winter – the harsh cold winds and increased use of heating can lead to dehydration leaving your mouth prone to cracking and dryness – EW.
- End your shower with a burst of colder water on your hair – ending your shower with a luke warm to cold burst of water helps to flatten your follicles which makes your hair shinier. It can also help to reduce frizz!
- Shower in the evening – this is more of a personal tip – basically if you hate getting up early, and hate the fact in winter it’s really dark when you get up, shower in the evening so you get optimum sleeping time!
- Baths and bath bombs – This is where you add the luxury to your bath and skincare routine. Indulge in some splurging at Lush and order some bath bombs to treat your skin to a soak!
- Once a week, use a body scrub – Although less people are seeing parts of your body, it doesn’t mean you have to forget about it! Use a good body scrub like the Soap & Glory Breakfast Scrub to keep your skin smooth and to buff away any dead skin cells – AGAIN, EW.
- Use a good foot cream – I don’t really wanna have to explain this one but it’s similar to the point above and, oh TRIPLE EW.
- Have a make up clear out – Take this as your chance to get rid of any manky old mascaras, any bacteria laden powders or dusty old lipsticks and clear them out! Use this time to refresh your make up collection for winter, remembering you want moisturising products – and you can experiment with plummier moodier colours if you are brave enough!
- Invest in a good liquid eyeliner – The windier, rainier and more torrential the weather gets, the more your make up is vulnerable to attack on a daily basis. Investing in a good LONG LASTING liquid eyeliner will stop you looking like a panda!
- Morrocanoil – This stuff is a god send! Smoothing a small amount of this through the ends of your hair is great for keeping hair in good condition during winter. My favourite way to use this is to warm a few drops in the palms of my hands for a few minutes and then hold the ends of my hair in my palm – the warmer the oil the better it will take to your hair (not like 100 degrees or anything!)
I hope you have found this useful to read as winter begins to knock at the seasonal front door like an unwelcome carol singer.
Please feel free to leave me a comment!
ALSO – don’t forget you can watch my latest Youtube video by clicking the image below, OR go to the Youtube tab at the top of my blog!!! Have added a link to my menu 🙂
Thank you for reading lovely people,