So, when I was browsing Youtube about a month ago I stumbled across an amazing video which was a ‘how to’ on chroming your nails, but so they turn out rose gold! I don’t know if chroming is an actual word but I’mma make it one.
I thought I’d write this up in case anyone wants to give it a go. You will need to buy a few things beforehand BUT the great thing is that you don’t need a UV lamp!
Here is what it looks like when it’s done!
You will need:
Little Ondine Top/Base Coat and Pink Polish (it’s water based which stops the chrome wrinkling, appaz)
Here’s how you do it!
- File your nails how you want them to be – I love a good squoval! On clean nails, use the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Top Coat and leave to dry for a few mins.
- Apply 2 layers of the Little Ondine pink polish (you can pick any kind of pink, layering the chrome powder over this makes it look rose gold!) Leave this to dry
- Apply some liquid latex around your nails, taking care not to get any on your nails! This is to make it cleaner when we apply the chrome powder :). It forms a barrier and you can just peel off the glue after.
4. Once the liquid latex dries a bit (it will go from white to clear) and you can feel it’s harder to touch, CAREFULLY open your chrome powder and use the sponge applicator to grab some and then begin to rub this over your nail. Take care to get into the edges and keep it even!
It doesn’t matter if it goes on the liquid latex because you can just peel that off after!
5. Once you have done this on all your nails, peel off your liquid latex and take a small make up brush or piece of tissue paper to brush off any excess!
6. Use the Little Ondine top coat to apply a thin layer to seal it and try to brush some along the tip of your nails as well to finish off the edge.
NOTE: Little Ondine polishes are completely natural and so are water based. What I’ve found with these is because the polishes are designed to peel off, if you shower alot then it’s likely to peel off quicker. I am going to try using the Sally Hansen miracle gel and see if that’s any better!
I have LOVED doing this and am interested to try other base colours! This lasted for almost a week with me showering every other day (I know, what a tramp). I’m not sure how much the water based polishes do as I’d have to get all my colours in those polishes. I’ll give it a go with normal ones and let you know how I get on 😀
What do you guys think of this nail look? I’m gradually getting more and more obsessed with rose gold things…